Saturday, May 26, 2012

May 19th, 2012

We are married! Yeah!!!

Everyone who was there knows that it was just a ridiculously cool experience. I know I don't speak only for myself when I say that it was truly a God honoring event. Everything went so perfectly, so much better than we ever could have hoped or prayed for.

People started coming up to me (Anthony) about an hour before the ceremony started to tell me about this huge ominous storm that was headed our way. I said, "we are going forward with it, and don't tell Allison." So we started the ceremony with no rain, and it started to sprinkle slightly just as we were singing "and heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss" in the song How He Loves. The wind blew as we sang, "he is jealous for me, loves like a hurricane, I am a tree bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy." Our  pastor asked us after the worship if we wanted to move everything inside due to the light rain, and we agreed to keep going. At that point the audience settled down and the rain started to subside, as well as the wind. It's almost as if God was just letting it rain slightly so that we would remember that he is in control, and that our prayers were answered when it stopped. Just "showing off." But then again, everything about this relationship from the very beginning has been God showing off.

We had the exact right amount of chairs for the amount of people that we had, even though several more people came than we were expecting. Our chair rental place actually shorted us 10 chairs, but the building had exactly 10 extra chairs for us to use. There was one chair for every person in the reception, and not one spare. That doesn't just happen, God showed up.

The dance at the reception was off the hook! The DJ was playing some great songs, and everybody was having a great time. The food was terrific, thank you to Judy Berg. And people were really getting into my animal kissing game, which I also really enjoyed. Some of the animals people had to guess to get us to kiss: dhole, aye-aye, red panda, blue-tongued skink, golden eagle, great gray owl, pygmy loris, musk ox, and many more.

Thanks to everyone who was involved, it was the perfect day!

1 comment:

  1. I keep telling the story of your wedding and the rain to people--witnessing God's blessing and favor over your union! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special day! I had no idea about the reception chairs! so very cool . . .
    Praying for you as you begin your honeymoon and get ready for the big move!
    love,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete